Unique Vocational Training Center Ltd. started its operation at the end of 1999 under the title of “Guan Choun Unique Vocational Training Center” with active support of Building and Construction Authority (BCA) of Singapore. Registered with the Board of Investment (BOI), this Overseas Training Center (OTC) was established to match the quality of Bangladeshi skilled workers with the international standards. The center was established with the vision to improve the unemployment issues of the country. More importantly, the biggest advantage of UVTCL is availing the opportunity of fostering cooperation in building skilled manpower for Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Oman, Libya, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE etc. Keeping in view the large number of unemployed population in Bangladesh vis-à-vis the demand for workers in different countries, UVTCL began its journey.
A short and concise picture of our vocational training facilities is drawn below:
UVTCL has located not very far from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
The training center is equipped with the facilities of electricity, 24-hours standby generator, student’s accommodation, easy accessibility etc.
More than 3000 students can train at a time with accommodation.
Normally the training period for BCA, Singapore is up to 3 months. Depending on the trade and the learning capacity of the trainee, it may vary.
For CIDB, Malaysia & other short courses the training period is 30 to 45 days.
Total Land area of the center is about 300000sft (with sheltered area of 150000sft)
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- The trainees, all staying in the Center, are provided with the following facilities during the training period: Food, lodging and medical services.
- Air-conditioned tester rooms with attached toilet, one at each corner to facilitate in house supervision.
- Adequate natural light and ventilation provided for comfortable working environment.
- The center is comprised of 5000 sft (approx.) air-conditioned class rooms.
- Training aids such as multimedia projectors with laptop, television sets, white boards and writing chairs etc.
- The centers have dormitory for student’s accommodation.
- Qualified Teachers and Instructors with Diploma and BSc in Engineering.
- The biggest training center in Bangladesh.
- Tests taken every month by foreign delegates.
- Quality food served from in house canteen.
OPERATION OF UVTCL
UVTCL welcomes interested unemployed persons who are equally eager to play constructive role in mitigating their sufferings as well as in taking basic trainings in order to shape up their own lives.
Training on the following trades are available for BCA, Singapore:
- Cladding Installation (CI)
- Curtain Wall Installation (CWI)
- Doors & Windows Installation (Timber) (DWIT)
- Ducting Installation for Air-Con & Ventilation (DAVD)
- Electrical Wiring Installation (EWI)
- Enhance Aluminum Formwork (AF)
- Enhance Timber Formwork (ETF)
- Fibrous Plaster Ceiling (FPC)
- Interior Dry Wall Installation (IDI)
- Joinery (JN)
- Pipe Fitting (PF)
- Plumbing and Pipe Fitting (PPF)
- Steel Reinforcement Work (SR)
- Structural Steel Fitting (SSF)
- Suspended (Acoustic) Ceiling (SCIA)
- Thermal Insulation (TI)
- Timber Flooring Installation (TFR)
- Water Proofing (WP)
- Construction Safety Orientation Course (CSOC)
Training on the following trades are available for CIDB, Malaysia:
- Bar Bender (BBR)
- Bricklayer (BRL)
- Plasterer (PLR)
- Tiling (TL)
- Building Decorative Painter (PTC)
- Formwork Carpenter (FWC)
- Building Wiring Installation (BWI)
- Plumbing (PB)
Training is imparted according to the capacity of the trainees with the help of expert trainers. During the training period, a trainee learns both practical skills and theoretical knowledge according to the international syllabus similar to the standards of BCA, Singapore or CIDB, Malaysia. A trainee is registered for the test once the training period is over successfully. Upon passing the test, the trainee is allowed to go abroad as a skilled worker.
The syllabus that is followed is very much industry oriented in terms of its wide applications. This definitely helps reduce unemployment as well as groom persons in various categories of development activities. The demand for skilled workers in the global market is rising. These training centers can comply with the required proficiency of skilled workers anywhere and of high standards. The trainees should be at least 8th class pass to cope up with the syllabus.
One Stop Service
- Exclusive Travel Agency
- Exclusive Medical checkup center
- Insurance company
- Bank loan facility
- Best quality hospitality service through the Westin Dhaka
- Access to market information
Strength of UVTCL
- Robust Organogram
- Monitored closely by the headquarters
- Well equipped faculties with full logistic support
- World class Apps: SAP in operation
- Provide short training to meet well reputed companies & contractor in the World.
- Huge potential, both logistic and technical
- Remain open for catering to any future needs
- After BCA, Singapore we are now accredited by CIDB, Malaysia with their full satisfaction
- Any suggestion for improvement is welcome
- Quick customization